Maxwell de Silva
Position: Secretary General, National Olympic Committee of Sri Lanka
- MBA from Post Graduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayawerdenapura specialising in Business Process Re-Engineering
- Executive Masters Programme in Sports Management from Lyon University (MEMOS PROGRAMME.)
- Chartered Shipbroker -Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers UK( ICS )
- Member of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport ,UK
- Member of Mensa International UKNLP Master Practioner ( NLP Society, USA )
- Secretary General of National Olympic Committee of Sri Lanka
- Founder Director - National Olympic Academy SL DirectorDirector of Sports Administrative Course SL – Olympic Solidarity
- Tutor of the Advanced Sports Management Course conducted in SL ( under OS Programme).
- Chef de Mission , Sri Lanka contingent- Commonwealth Games 2006 in Melbourne
- Chef de Mission( SL Contingent) for the Asian Games- Doha 2010
- Chef de Mission for Rio 2016 Olympics.
- Presented a paper at the IOC/UN Sports conference in Lausanne on Peace through Sports, Sri Lankan post conflict experience.
- Presented a paper at the Seoul University in 2013 to Master Degree programme students (Dream Programme) at the invitation of Prof.Kang of Seoul University on Peace through Sports, Sri Lankan experience.
- Presented OVEP Debator programme in Taipei and Singapore in 2017 and at the OCA Forum in Cambodia in May 2018 & is the Co-Author of OVEP TV Debater Programme in SL( Olympic Value Education Programme ).
Membership in Sporting World:
- Member of WADA Education Committee from 2015- 2018
- Member of OCA Education Committee since 2012
- Member of ANOC Education and Culture Commission since 2019
- Organization of Professional Association of Sri Lanka (OPA) Felicitated me on my been elected to the Chartered Shipbrokers UK Executive Council as I was the first Asian to get elected.
- First Asian/Non British to get elected to the Executive Council of The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers,UK
- First Asian / Non British to get elected as the Chairman of the Membership Committee of Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, Worldwide & currently the Chairman of the International Members Committee of ICS
Recipient of Lanka Thilaka Award presented by H.E. The President of Sri Lanka for outstanding contribution to the Shipping Industry in Sri Lanka for education.