Position: Chief Operating Officer, LA 28 Olympic & Paralympic Games
John Harper is a business executive with a proven record of launching new ventures and managing complex projects from start to finish. In his current role, John oversees the Games delivery plan, and the organizing committee’s internal operations, including the development and execution of the committee’s short-term and long-term strategic planning. John joined the team in June 2014 as a founding member of the bid committee.
- LA 2024 / 2028 Bid Chief Operating Officer
- Wasserman Media Group Senior Vice President of Consulting
- Developed and led the Insights and Analytics group
- Supported all corporate clients within consulting
- Provided insights needs across divisions
- Boston Consulting Group
- Led strategic marketing and organizational efforts within the consumer packaged goods and media and entertainment sectors
- Nike Canada Brand Strategy, Retail Development, and Sports Marketing
- Led integrated marketing initiatives within Basketball and Running
- Executed account planning for Foot Locker
- Created Nike Canada’s first national sports marketing plan for Basketball.
HIGHLIGHTS + EDUCATION
- Ryerson University’s Ted Rogers MBA Sport Business Stream steering committee member
- 2014 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference speaker
- Mentioned in Sports Business Daily, Around the Rings and Inside the Games
- University of Western Ontario, Ivey Business School, H.B.A.
- Harvard Business School, M.B.A.
MORE TO KNOW
- Lives in Los Angeles with his wife Megan, and their three children Jake, Tyler and Emerson
- Sydney 2000 was his first in-person Olympic experience